[ZODB-Dev] Re: Eeeek!!! I got this traceback from Berkeley Full Storage.

JohnD.Heintz JohnD.Heintz
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:08:36 -0500

I can't post the script ;-(  It is our internal product.

Here is the environment info:
Python 2.1
Linux 2.2.19pre17
latest StandaloneZODB code from last week.
Berkeley DB 3.2.9
Pybsddb 3.0.1

We are doing stress testing to fill up the db.  We had already created ov=
er=20
800,000 persistent objects and I was trying to create more when this fail=
ed. =20
It failed when we called logout(), which in turn removed from the db a=20
reference to a persistent object that had thousands of persistent referen=
ces=20
in it.  I can only guess that overrun had occured.  I can get the system =
into=20
this state I think reliably from a known working point. =20

I don't think this is related to Collector 1262 but it feels like that bu=
g=20
pushed us to adding data to the system in chunks representing 500 users a=
t a=20
time instead of larger.

Can I provide anything else?  I'm not sure what.  I might be able to=20
replicate this same problem with ZCF [Which uses the same ZODB-CORBA=20
exposure], I'll try.  That would be something that I can share with you t=
o=20
try and replicate.

John

To give you the idea of our scope here is the ls -l output:
-rw-------    1 bonnell  bonnell     25144 Aug 21 10:25=20
bc9751f05cd920d4f5527d7920a1c7aa97f155c2
-rw-r-----    1 bonnell  bonnell  10485464 Aug 21 09:33 log.0000000304
-rw-r-----    1 bonnell  bonnell  10485701 Aug 21 09:33 log.0000000305
=2E..
=2E..