[Zope-ZEO] reloading products bug?

Júlio Dinis Silva juliodinis@hotmail.com
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 21:46:49 -0000

Hi,

Supose you have 20 ZCS.

Now you want to install a new product.

You start ZCS Nş21 without the ZEO_CLIENT var in order to
reload products from /ZCS21/lib/python/Products or wherever your
Instance_Home is.

Now on all your 20 ZCS you can see in Control_Panel/Products
the new product installed in good condition(not broken).

But... in all your 20 ZCS you dont have available in the "Available
Object's" list the class of your new installed product.
Is this normal? Who reloads this "Available Objects" list? The ZCS? isnt
this list shared by all ZCS from the ZSS?
Since they all can see the new installed product why isnt available the
objects to add? More, on your ZCS21 you can add the new objects, and your
other 20 ZCS can see the new instance and use it, with a little exception,
the icon of the new object's class isn't displayed.

Do I have to reboot all my ZCS for them to reload the new product properly?

All this happens on NT boxes.

Thanx for comments,
Júlio Dinis Silva