[Zope-ZEO] Has any progress been made on Bug 1783?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:08:40 -0500

"John D. Heintz" wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I think that the patch you already included from bug #1884 fixes this
> bug #1783.

Hm, I think so too. Can you verify this for me? If you verify that
1783 is fixed, I'll close it.

> Can you be more specific about the problems with __call_method__?

When used to implement synchronized classes, it leaks memory. :(
I suspect it leaks in other applications too.  I don't remember
the details, but it's going to be tricky to fix.  The implementation
of __call_method__ is quite complex, which makes it hard to fix.
Maybe if I took a fresh look at it, I could come up with a simpler
approach.

> I'm afraid we are pretty dependent on it now,

Interesting. Can you give a high-level description of what you are
using it for?

> and while we could change
> our implementation to avoid it, I'd rather put the time into fixing it.
>
> What bugs in the Collector document the problems?

I doubt any do.

Jim