[Zope-ZEO] Need for PersistentList

Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:54:36 -0500

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 04:35:37PM -0600, John D. Heintz wrote:
>Finally, we need for Persistent classes to be hashable.

Hmm... Does __hash__() not work on an ExtensionClass?  Python will use
the id() of an object, but that's obviously not applicable to a
persistent object.  The OID can't be used either, since no OID is
assigned until you do a commit.  I'd argue that, if a persistent class
doesn't explicitly define __hash__, it shouldn't be hashable at all
(in which case I've got some code that will break :) ).

--amk