[Zope-ZEO] ZODB database corruption under multiple connections

Lennard van der Feltz lvanderfeltz@knowledgetrax.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:38:17 -0700

Jim Fulton wrote:

(snip)
>(Note that in the version of the software you have, the assignment wouldn't
>raise a conflict error, because conflicts were only checked during commits.
>Earlier, I checked for conflicts when reading state from the database. I
>incorrectly removed these checks because they could lead to conflict errors
>on read transactions, which seems silly.  Unfortunately, the check was
necessary
>to avoid reading inconsistent data and the read checks have recently been
added back.

Although I didn't encounter conflict errors on read transactions in my test
scripts, there were several that occurred in my regular code after I
implemented the new Connection.py. Can you give any pointers how to predict
when the might happen and what defensive coding techniques to use to avoid
them?

Lennard