[Zope-ZEO] ZODB database corruption under multiple connections

John D. Heintz jheintz@isogen.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:57:55 -0600

Hmmm,  good point.  Could the exception itself be given an instance var
that contains the Connection it was from then?

The reason I ask is that I have code in the ZODBCorbaFramework that
needs this sync behavior and don't have a simple way of accessing the
Connection when I catch a ConflictError.

Thanks,
John

Jim Fulton wrote:

> "John D. Heintz" wrote:
>
>> Jim,
>>
>> Why wouldn't the transaction do any necessary sync()ing for us when it
>> detects a conflict?  It would seem that the transaction object would be
>> in a good place to catch the ConflictError, call sync(), and re-raise
>> the exception.
>

> Because sync implies aborting the current transaction.  It's at least
> concievable that an application could recover from a conflict error without
> aborting the current transaction.  I can't give a great example, but
> I also don't feel confortable assuming that this will always be the right
> thing to do.
>
> I suppose that this automatic behavior could be a configuration setting.
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Jim Fulton           mailto:jim@digicool.com   Python Powered!
> Technical Director   (888) 344-4332            http://www.python.org
> Digital Creations    http://www.digicool.com   http://www.zope.org

John D. Heintz | Senior Engineer

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX 78752
T 512.633.1198 | jheintz@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m