[ZODB-Dev] Feature Request 2381 : Persistent object iterator in Storage

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:36:26 -0400

On 09 July 2001, Barry A. Warsaw said:
>     GW> Or should we all start using the module Barry posted?  Is that
>     GW> module going to be added to an official ZODB distribution one
>     GW> of these days?  Andrew, should it maybe be added to your
>     GW> unofficial distribution?
>
> I don't think it /needs/ to be added, since as a scarecrow interface
> it's just documentation.  But it couldn't hurt.  Jim had a reason for
> not adding it, but I forget what that was (maybe the interface isn't
> set in stone?).

I hadn't actually looked at the "code" when I mused about adding it to
some distribution.  Now that I see there's not any actual code there, I
guess that doesn't make sense after all.

...which brings me to my next point: what am I supposed to *do* with the
module you posted?  Install it somewhere?  Just read it?  Is it supposed
to be abundantly clear from reading that interface how I iterate over a
FileStorage or bsddb3Storage database?  (It isn't.)

Is ClientStorage going to support this interface someday?  Would it be
easy to add, or would it require protocol modifications?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org