[ZODB-Dev] Feature Request 2381 : Persistent object iterator in Storage

JohnD.Heintz JohnD.Heintz
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:00:36 -0500

Is this API going to be added to BaseStorage someday? (That would handle=20
ClientStorage as well as OracleStorage)

Now that I've looked more closely it seems to satify my initial request p=
lus=20
a lot more, great!

Question: If I am using this interface to make changes to the db/storage =
as I=20
iterate, then I will need to make sure that I stop iterating when I get a=
=20
RecordsIterator with tid greater than the timestamp when I started iterat=
ing?

Thanks,
John

On Monday 09 July 2001 09:36, Greg Ward wrote:
> On 09 July 2001, Barry A. Warsaw said:
> >     GW> Or should we all start using the module Barry posted?  Is tha=
> >     GW> module going to be added to an official ZODB distribution one
> >     GW> of these days?  Andrew, should it maybe be added to your
> >     GW> unofficial distribution?
> >
> > I don't think it /needs/ to be added, since as a scarecrow interface
> > it's just documentation.  But it couldn't hurt.  Jim had a reason for
> > not adding it, but I forget what that was (maybe the interface isn't
> > set in stone?).
>
> I hadn't actually looked at the "code" when I mused about adding it to
> some distribution.  Now that I see there's not any actual code there, I
> guess that doesn't make sense after all.
>
> ...which brings me to my next point: what am I supposed to *do* with th=
> module you posted?  Install it somewhere?  Just read it?  Is it suppose=
> to be abundantly clear from reading that interface how I iterate over a
> FileStorage or bsddb3Storage database?  (It isn't.)
>
> Is ClientStorage going to support this interface someday?  Would it be
> easy to add, or would it require protocol modifications?
>
>         Greg

--=20

John D. Heintz | Senior Engineer

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX 78752
T 512.633.1198 | jheintz@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m