[ZODB-Dev] ZEO features

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:29:17 -0300 (BRT)

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> Yes, but I don't think any physical storages support being opened
> multiple times, so everyone has to connect using ZEO, so the second
> one would be

They don't support being opened multiple times: the lock exists to prevent
this and it happens with both bsddb3Storage and FileStorage.

> http://www.amk.ca/python/arch/ is a fragmentary and incomplete

Minor nitpick: ZEO is Zope Enterprise Objects and not Options :-)

The text is quite interesting, and I'm amused as how similar your approach
to creating Database objects is to our Catalogs (we even have something
like your opendb script to help debugging). We are, however, implementing
indexing and queries into our Catalogs, and now from reading your text
wonder if you'd like to use it (and perhaps discuss the implementation).

Is the MEMS code publically available?

(Offtopic question: how to you get __str__ output of the User class to
include the username? I've noticed the <User at ########:username> print
there)

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311