[ZODB-Dev] Announcing ZCF 0.5 - The ZODB CORBA integration framework

JohnD.Heintz JohnD.Heintz
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:13:19 -0500

To be honest, I have no idea.  The reason I don't know is because I haven=
't=20
actually used this framework with "Zope", but rather with our own ZODB=20
application.

What this can give you in the way of security is to CORBA expose a=20
Server.getSession(in string user, in string password)
that returns a Session with access to CORBA exposed ZODB objects from a Z=
ODB=20
Connection where 'user' is authenticated.

So, if I wanted to expose my Zope site through CORBA I would write IDL to=
=20
define the Python ZODB Persistent objects (1) and then use ZEO to launch =
my=20
Server against a ClientStorage.  Note: I haven't done this! but it should=
 be=20
a natural extension of the framework.

(1) This IDL for Zope step isn't a small task.  I am interested in helpin=
g=20
anyone who wants to do this.

Hope this helps,
John