[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope 2.4.0 CopySupport changes seem wrong

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:53:24 -0700

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:16:44 -0400, Chris McDonough
> <chrism@digicool.com> wrote:
>
> > Can anybody provide a suggestion as to what to do in
> >order to ... address the original collector issue's
> >problem?
>
> I suggest:
>
> Create a class that hooks into transaction commit; look at ZPatterns
> for an example of how to do this.

(moved to zodb-dev)

But this is a hack.  I'm not normally against hacks (just look at *my*
code) but I do know that Jim has been recently talking of separating
transaction managment into its own API so that more flexible policies
can be implemented.  Given that Jim's time is hard to get our own Steve
Alexander publicly volunteered at EuroZope to do the work! (your gonna
kick me for that one steve)

Seriously, more flexible transaction managment needs to be thought out.
Maybe the folks here in zodb-dev have some ideas, or requirments.

-Michel