[ZODB-Dev] ZODB roadmap

Fri, 1 Jun 2001 18:11:43 -0400

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 06:58:13PM -0300, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
>Is Andrew's documentation the standard for now? Will the HOWTO be
>integrated into the release, or provided on some zope.org pages? Andrew?

DC is certainly free to pick up the docs; if that's done, then I
*would* like CVS access to the tree.  The ability to commit to the
documentation isn't stressful at all for me.

Re asyncore: the version in Python 2.0 should use select.poll() if
it's available.  This may be buggy, of course, or perhaps it has no
beneficial effect on asyncore's performance.

A long-term goal for me would be to make it easier to use ZEO as a
server for their Python applications, similar to how you set up a
MySQL or PostgreSQL server today.  But first I think people need to be
convinced to use ZEO in the first place.

--amk