[ZODB-Dev] ZODB roadmap

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 15:13:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> Why don't the good rumors ever come my way?  I don't think we've even
> discussed including ZODB in the core.  I don't think it would be a
> good idea to include a large project like ZODB with its own life cycle
> in the Python core.

I agree.  With distutils becoming the norm, I don't see any pressing need.

>   CRR> Is Andrew's documentation the standard for now? Will the HOWTO
>   CRR> be integrated into the release, or provided on some zope.org
>   CRR> pages? Andrew?
>
> Andrew's documentation is the best user docs that I'm aware of,
> although Jim's SPAM 9 paper and the UML-based documentation available
> from the wiki also have a lot of good information.  (In the latter
> case, though, you have to intuit what's current and what's stale :-).
>
> Documentation is a fairly high priority item.

The persistence chapter of the dev guide gives a lot of good information
from the Zope product developer's standpoint, persistence theory, dealing
with mutable attributes, conflict resolution, etc.  This sould be
expanded, but I do belive there is still documentation need for the
standalone folks.

-Michel