[ZODB-Dev] What is meant by 'using RDMBS as the back-end storage'?

Monty Taylor mordred@inaugust.com
06 Jun 2001 10:17:22 -0400

Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@async.com.br> writes:

> I'm all for a nice O-R proposal for ZODB storage, but AFAICS native,
> non-pickled mapping is simply too deep a hack for ZODB today. And since
> drivers are needed for such a project, I don't think it's happening this
> week.

As much as I hate to bring it up (we don't get along at all), Stephan Richter
is working with iuveno in Germany on a project called Smart
Objects. Stephan had some stuff working with storing Zope objects in
PostGres fairly transparently (called DBObjects) that I think they are
trying to refactor into something a bit more flexible. There's a link
to it in a couple of news items on zope.org. His project may hold some
interest for you ...

Monty