[ZODB-Dev] Transactions across Requests

ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 03:07:21 -0700

On Friday 08 June 2001 04:13, dieter.kopecky@integranet.at wrote:
>>Hello!
>>
>>I have got a question concerning transactions.
>>
>>Is it possible to configure a transaction or the transaction manager so
>>that a transaction is not automatically commited at the end of an HTTP
>>request.

i ran into the same problem while integrating async client code in zope, one
possible solution is to use a version which amounts to a long transaction
that lives across multiple requests. using a normal transaction across
requests in zope is very difficult because of the assumptions of the
publishing machinery and the per thread transaction association.

>>I am required to keep the transaction open for the processing of a sequence
>>of HTML forms. In JSP I would store the transaction object into the
>>session object and commit or abort it respectively. This is no problem in
>>Zope, too, but how do I avoid the automatic commit?

i'm not sure if this design is best for zope. better instead to and carry
through all possible changes in the form of session  (Core Sesssion Tracking)
or hidden form data and than act upon them at the end of the form series.

kapil