[ZODB-Dev] future ZODB documentation

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:01:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 02:09:25PM -0700, Michel Pelletier wrote:
> >I'm working on the second article in the series on ZODB for Python
> >programmers.  This article covers more of the advanced details of ZODB:

> Why not just integrate this into the ZODB programming guide that I
> started?  It's available in the CVS for the ZODB SourceForge project,
> and I'll readily grant you CVS access if you give me an ID.

The articles are, of course, meant for marketing reasons as well as
documentation, but that aside, there is the question of where the
information should be integrated for future use.

So far, we've been going on the idea that everything here will go into the
persistence chapter of the Zope Developer's Guide.  maybe we should
instead distribute it seperately as your guide is.  Or we could combine
efforts; we could easily make our stx tools spew latex to work with
python's doc tools like your guide does, so the reciprocal offer exists,
we could easily give you cvs access to the dev guide on SF to integrate
your stuff into our stuff.

Amos and I (and Paul and Jim) need to think about this.  Does anyone else
have an opinion about a ZODB programmer's guide?  The dev guide?  I think
one of my concers with the former is more maintenance but my concerns
with the latter are possibly being too zope specific (although we've
tried to avoid that).

-Michel