[ZODB-Dev] future ZODB documentation

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:21:14 -0300 (BRT)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Amos and I (and Paul and Jim) need to think about this.  Does anyone else
> have an opinion about a ZODB programmer's guide?  The dev guide?  I think
> one of my concers with the former is more maintenance but my concerns
> with the latter are possibly being too zope specific (although we've
> tried to avoid that).

I'm biased of course, but my personal opinion is that the ZODB _should_
have StandaloneDocumentation. There is practically no standalone docs
apart from Andrew's work, and some people (me perhaps) don't really want
to weed through Zope documentation to find the ZODB information. Not
implying weeds or anything like that, please 8) -- I guess it's a case for
practicality and visibility to have docs standalone. Please consider it.

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311