[ZODB-Dev] future ZODB documentation

ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:00:01 -0700

On Monday 25 June 2001 21:51, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
>>On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, ender wrote:
>>> i meant info on class/store instance references more as a pickleability
>>> constraint, instances of generated class objects wouldn't survive a
>>> shutdown/restart by pickling. even though its legal to pickle the
>>> instances at while the generated class is in memory. its not likely that
>>> they will be able to be loaded. perhaps a caveat to be noted, although
>>> probably not worthwhile.
>>
>>How would these class objects be generated (I'm assuming you mean they're
>>created dynamically)? Through an "eval"-type statement, with dynamic code
>>parsing, or are there other ways?

the constraint actually applies a little more broadly than just dynamically
generated classes,

for non dg scenarios

the most common instance i can think of is using non persistent classes as
attributes of persistent objects during product development. if a non
persistent class switches file locations, than you get load errors for any
instances that were stored in the zodb.

in a more enterprising scenario this type of difficulty might occur with
class definitions in an updatable package system or possibly (probably a bit
far out) when you might custom load classes over a network.

for dg scenarios

i was actually wondering about using TransWarp's Aspect Oriented Programminng
with non Persistence based classes. in this case a class file for the object
doesn't actually exist.

cheers

kapil