[ZODB-Dev] Multiple applications accessing one storage

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 11:55:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> Can you explain some of the benefits for a single machine system
> please

Other people have said concurrent access, i have a more particular
benefit, one that may be particular to developers.

I practically abhor running a Zope site without ZEO, because without it i
have to shut down the public face in order to poke around the db from the
python command line.  With ZEO, i can fire up command line access any
time, exploring from the browser while i "handle" the underlying objects.
This is a *major* boon for scoping out what's really going on in the
system, at most moments.  (I suppose this mode of operation is pretty
developer specific, though i imagine navigating and getting a feel for
this would be advantageous for a site administrator, as well...)

Ken
klm@digicool.com