[ZODB-Dev] Multiple applications accessing one storage

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
16 May 2001 12:20:13 -0600

On 16 May 2001 16:13:22 +0100, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On 16 May 2001 10:50:01 -0400, Monty Taylor <mordred@inaugust.com>
> wrote:
>
> >oivvio polite <ol1@v10a.com> writes:
> >
> >> If I have one application running that is accessing Foo.fs and start up
> >> a second application trying to access Foo.fs I get an error message
> >> saying something about a lock file.
> >>
> >> This is not very surprising.
> >>
> >> But what should I do about it? Is this where I should start looking into
> >> ZEO or is there an easier workaround?
> >
> >I'd start looking into ZEO. ZEO itself is fairly simple to get
> >working, and gives you loads of benefits. I run all my Zope
> >installations under ZEO, even if they will only be running on a single
> >machine.
>
> Can you explain some of the benefits for a single machine system
> please

Well ... you can get a performance increase if said single machine is
multi-processor.

You could run a pair of ZEOClient ZopeServers, one presenting a face to
an intranet, and one to an extranet/internet.

Just to name a couple.