[ZODB-Dev] ZODB concorrent access [newbie]

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Thu, 17 May 2001 18:06:57 -0300 (BRT)

I'm wondering how python programs should access ZODB concurrently.  I've
noticed that opening the same storage in two concorrent processes will
break (at least in my bsddb3 tests), and since they are both accessing the
same files, it seems reasonable.

So I'm guessing that applications should share a single storage through a
shared ZODB or connection object. Am I correct? If it's true, then a
server-like program would have to run to permit sharing that. It sounds
strange, so I must be wrong, but the docs I've read through don't provide
examples for concurrent access beyond saying it works. :-) Anyone have a
better notion of it?

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311