[ZODB-Dev] bsddb3 mass creation problem.

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Fri, 18 May 2001 13:14:09 -0300 (BRT)

On Fri, 18 May 2001, ender wrote:

> i'm not familiar with the bsddb3 storage details, but with other storages the
> locks will happen irrespective of sub trans v. trans, there part of the
> storage layer for concurrent usage (threads) . hence doing a subtrans every
> 100 objects should also keep lock usage down. doing sub trans should lower
> your memory requirements and allow for overall integrity during the add
> process

But in my case, I don't have multiple accesses to the database at
all; just a single process, single thread, creating objects. That's why
I'm wondering about the locks. And the locking only occurs when doing the
final commit(); the sub-transactions don't trigger them (at least I can't
see them raising the lock count using db_stat). So are the transactions
all being committed at once?

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311