[ZODB-Dev] ZEO on NT upgrade hints?

Dunigan, Craig craig.dunigan@esker.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 14:47:18 -0500

What a relief!

> I spoke with Jim about this today and we have a couple of ideas about
> how this should get fixed.  Ideally, I think we shouldn't ship Python
> 1.5.2 with a statically linked cPickle, which is the cause of the
> problem.  Short of that, you'll need to modify your Zope installation
> to get cPickle.pyd in the right place.  I believe you can copy
> cPickle.pyd from Zope\lib\python to Zope\lib\python\ZODB and
> ZEO should work.

A preliminary test indicates that this works, thanks!  I'll try it on a live
site with a pre-existing Data.fs this weekend, and I'll be sure to complain
if it fails then.  ;-)

>   CD> Does this go into the Collector?
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what Collector?

Oops, wrong term.  Collector is Zope's bug system.  ZEO has Tracker, at
http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO/Tracker/.  I'm just asking if I should
bother putting in a bug report, since the principle developers (you, Andrew,
and Jim) already know about it.

Thanks again.  This is a huge help!

Craig