[ZODB-Dev] ZEO on NT upgrade hints?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@digicool.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 15:04:51 -0400 (EDT)

  CD> It took me a while to get back to it, but here's the zLog from a
  CD> failed start.py, running ZEO 1.0b3, under Zope 2.3.2, on
  CD> WinNT4/SP6:

  CD> ------ 2001-05-31T18:38:02 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
  CD> Traceback (innermost last):
  CD>   File c:\Progra~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZEO\start.py, line 268, in
  CD>   main File lib\python\ZEO\__init__.py, line 86, in ?  File
  CD>   lib\python\ZEO\fap.py, line 166, in ?  File
  CD>   lib\python\ZEO\fap.py, line 152, in fap
  CD>     (Object: ZServer)
  CD> ImportError: Cannot import an up-to-date cPickle

  CD> Just like Jeremy described.

I spoke with Jim about this today and we have a couple of ideas about
how this should get fixed.  Ideally, I think we shouldn't ship Python
1.5.2 with a statically linked cPickle, which is the cause of the
problem.  Short of that, you'll need to modify your Zope installation
to get cPickle.pyd in the right place.  I believe you can copy
cPickle.pyd from Zope\lib\python to Zope\lib\python\ZODB and
ZEO should work.

  CD> Does this go into the Collector?

Pardon my ignorance, but what Collector?

Jeremy