[ZODB-Dev] Loading objects directly by OID

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 11:31:36 -0500

Still haven't heard a whisper of a response on this problem.  It seems
complex, but right now all I want to know is one little thing:

  Is it ever legal/possible for object A's pickle to contain a reference
  to OID B, but for B to not be loadable via the storage's load()
  method?

A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.  Once I know the answer to the
above question, I'll have a better idea of where to go next.  If the
question is incomprehensible or doesn't make sense, please say so.

This is all in the context of FileStorage, BTW, although I get identical
behaviour accessing the database through ClientStorage.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org