[ZODB-Dev] From memory Problems to Disk Problems :-(

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:21:25 +0000

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

>   CW> Should I just give up and fidn some way of indexing into SQL or
>   CW> can anyoen offer any help here?
>
> I hope you don't have to resort to that,

Neither do I, can you _imagine_ the joins?! :-S

> although it doesn't sound
> like we've got great answers for you at the moment.

Hurm :-(

> One project we
> have scheduled is to modify FileStorage to use BTree objects, which
> would reduce their memory consumption somewhat.  (A builtin dict uses
> a lot of space, as you well know.)  I doubt we'd get to it before late
> this month, though.

What I'd love to see is BerkleyStorage behaving like BDBTables in MySQL: no
worrying about logs, all taken care of for you, and they seemd to have optimised
them pretty well to...

wishlfully thinking,

Chris