[ZODB-Dev] How to implement a production / test environmentusing zope ?

Michel Pelletier michel@zope.com
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 17:32:53 -0800

Tom Jenkins wrote:

> We have started using the ZSyncer product.  We patched it to allow https
> connections; i dont know if Andy has put the patch into his source
> tree.  Basically zsyner uses xmlrpc to move objects from one zope
> installation to another zope installation.

Does the xml-rpc move export/import data around, or does it try to
programatically build copies from a source?  The second way sounds
brittle, but would not suffer from the poison pickle scenario.

-Michel