[ZODB-Dev] ZClients not updating

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:39:23 -0200 (BRST)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

> No, my application does not use connection.sync() - yet; forgive my
> ignorance, but I'm assuming that this is done on each client?  What I'm
> hoping for is invalidation messages from the ZSS to the clients; perhaps I'm
> hoping for too much?

IIRC, each client needs to issue connection.sync() if it is to pick up
updates that were made to the objects it has loaded. sync() invalidates
these objects from the local cache and makes the client refetch them.
sync() also interrupts any transactions in process, again IIRC. Somebody
@zope.com might be able to explain better.

In the meantime, harvest the mailing list archives for data; this has been
discussed many times before (even might be a FAQ)

> load-balancer/proxy-server redirects the next request after changing
> properties of an object to the same property sheet on node2, but with old
> cached values.  I'm looking for a way to avoid this.

Looks like the problem sync() solves.

Take care,