[ZODB-Dev] ZClients not updating

Tom Jenkins tjenkins@devis.com
15 Nov 2001 12:36:36 -0500

On Thu, 2001-11-15 at 11:55, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> [...]
[snip]

>   TJ> We need some help tracking this down as it is really ticking off
>   TJ> our client.  Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> ZEO is supposed to guarantee that this doesn't happen, so we ought to
> get to the bottom of it.  It looks like we should start by trying to
> understand if ZEO is failing to meet its contract or ZEO is being used
> incorrectly (which may in turn be caused by a poor explanation of
> ZEO's requirements).

[snip]
> The easiest way to do log anaylsis is to send the logs to Jim and me
> -- either private email or work out some file transfer.  I'll be out
> of the office tomorrow and all of next week, so be sure to include
> both of us.  (Not sure what time Jim will have.)

Excellent!  I will be gathering up all the data that we have.

We don't believe we're doing anything unusual and we don't have any
non-zope clients involved.  We do not surface versions or undo
capability to the application.  In fact we have locked down the
management interface on the production servers.

Also, its not a frequent problem.  Just occasionally new content will
not appear - of course Murphy's Law kicks in and it will happen as the
client is demo'ing the web site.

--

Tom Jenkins
Development InfoStructure