[ZODB-Dev] ZEO client leaking memory?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:56:25 +0100

> perhaps?  I still wonder if the memory leak issue is related to
> Catalog/ZCatalog in Zope, and simply an application level-problem?

Well, I'm doing very similar things to you, 'cept I'm not using ZCatalog ;-)

I _am_ using the BTrees module but in NIP's own Indexer product (hopefully
to be released some time).
This exposes the full power of the BTrees module and sheds (Z)Catalogs
layers of accumulated cruft..

SO, this means the leak is in ZEO's ClientStorage, something else in Zope
(ZSQL Methods, CMF, Zope Core, etc) or in our Indexer (but there's not much
that I can see as leaking there, other than something internal to the BTrees
module)

HTH,

Chris