[ZODB-Dev] ZEO client leaking memory?

Fri, 05 Oct 2001 10:40:05 +0100

On Thu, 04 Oct 2001 10:42:03 -0700, sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

>Hmm... I have a similar problem, but I always assumed it was just a =
Catalog
>BTree memory leak issue, not a ZEO issue.

How much memory are you leaking?

The stress-test I was using to test memory pressure included 10k
indexing operations. adding roughly 500k ZODB objects in 5k documents.
If there was any leakage at all in the ZEO client, it was at most a
few megabytes. In the ZEO server leakage is difficult to distinguish
from FileStorage bloat, but it was at most a few tens of megabytes.
Thats quite a bit smaller than the problems Chris described.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com