[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage modifiedInVersion KeyError -- how to correct and/or debug?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 06 Oct 2001 08:04:55 +0100

Joseph Wayne Norton wrote:

> So, would you recommend that the index for the zodb be rebuilt?
>
> If so, my guess is that I can stop the zeo server, truncate the
> Data.fs.index file, restart zeo, and it will re-generate the index
> file.

Don't truncate the Data.fs.index file. Simply remove it, and restart.
FileStorage will create a fresh one.

However, I suggest you keep the Data.fs.index around (move it to another
directory).

It is possible, although unlikely, that you have some nasty corruption
in your Data.fs. The Data.fs.index file can help greatly in recovering
the data.

You'll know if this is the case if your ZEO server doesn't start up
properly when you restart it, and complains about a corrupted Data.fs.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer