[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage modifiedInVersion KeyError -- how to correct and/or debug?

Joseph Wayne Norton norton@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:57:50 +0900

Steve -

I followed your additional instructions and as of right now I am not
receiving an error message.  The difference in size between the old
and new index (after simply restarting and then stopping to force
the index to be written to disk) is 8 bytes.

   ls -la
   total 249516
   drwxr-xr-x   2 zfs      zfs         2048 Oct 10 01:12  ./
   drwxr-xr-x   5 zfs      zfs         2048 Oct 10 01:12  ../
   -rw-r--r--   1 zfs      zfs      55602267 Oct 10 02:22 Data.fs
   -rw-r--r--   1 zfs      zfs      1504081 Oct 10 01:12  Data.fs.index
   -rw-r--r--   1 zfs      zfs      1504089 Oct 10 01:11  Data.fs.index.BAK
   -rw-r--r--   1 zfs      zfs            5 Oct 10 01:12  Data.fs.lock
   -rw-r--r--   1 zfs      zfs      65556931 Oct  5 09:47 Data.fs.old
   -rw-r--r--   1 zfs      zfs       300937 Oct 10 02:22  Data.fs.tmp

I'm not 100% sure but I feel this error was caused by a version
upgrade of either python, zope, zeo, etc. or a systematic error on my
part.  I faced the same issue on both the linux and solaris platforms.

- any ideas?

- i'm not aware of any method to perform a sanity check on a zodb
database, any tools that you are aware of?

thanks,

- joe n.