[ZODB-Dev] ZEO version compatibility?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 01:07:27 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "CMcD" == Chris McDonough <chrism@digicool.com> writes:

  CMcD> (This is mainly for Jeremy, but maybe Jim could answer too),
  CMcD> I'm wondering about ZEO compatibility with Python 1.5.2 going
  CMcD> forward.  I'd like to tell a customer that we can upgrade him
  CMcD> to the most recent ZEO release, but I'm not sure that it will
  CMcD> work without Zope 2.4.X/Python 2.1 (neither of which he is in
  CMcD> any particular hurry to upgrade to).

The ZEO 1.0 release will work with Python 1.5.2.  I haven't tested it
with Zope 2.3, but we intend to support it for that version of Zope.
If there are any bugs, I'll fix 'em.

I doubt that future versions of ZEO will be compatible with 1.5.2, but
ZEO 1.0 should be stable enough for people still using 1.5.2.

  CMcD> Apologies if this has already been answered somewwhere, but
  CMcD> I've not been able to find it.

I'll update the ZEO README to mention it.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Jeremy