[ZODB-Dev] Explicit two-phase commit

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 08:27:47 -0400 (EDT)

  IST> Hey everyone, How can I access ZODB's two-phase commit
  IST> manually? I want to integrate ZODB into my system, so I need to
  IST> be able to separate out the two stages of the two-phase commit,
  IST> e.g.:

[...]

  IST> Whereas now the two stages are called together from the
  IST> transaction's commit() command.

Since you haven't said what your system is, it's hard to be specific.

I suspect you should attempt the integration via a different layer of
ZODB.  Rather than integrating with user program's that calls
get_transaction().commit(), you should integrate with the transaction
manager in ZODB, which does call tpc_begin(), tpc_vote(), and
tpc_finish().

Jeremy