[ZODB-Dev] Explicit two-phase commit

Itamar twisted@itamarst.org
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:03:25 -0400

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> Since you haven't said what your system is, it's hard to be specific.
>
> I suspect you should attempt the integration via a different layer of
> ZODB.  Rather than integrating with user program's that calls
> get_transaction().commit(), you should integrate with the transaction
> manager in ZODB, which does call tpc_begin(), tpc_vote(), and
> tpc_finish().

I'm thinking of what's in the ZODBRoadmap as:

     Allow use of foreign TP monitor

     Allow ZODB transactions to be controlled by external TP
     monitor, like Tuxedo.

And I don't really see a transaction manager anywhere in the ZODB
code... Maybe Connection, but I can't really figure out what and where,
and by whom tpc_* are called.