[ZODB-Dev] Please help - no cl.exe available

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:47:01 -0500

I added C:\Zope\lib\python to my PYTHONPATH and that seems to be working.
That connects me to the ZODB modules that are distributed with Zope. But I'm
left wondering what differences there are between those modules and the ones
in cvs that make up StandaloneZODB. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech (http://www.orbtech.com)
"I am, therefore I think."

-----Original Message-----
From: zodb-dev-admin@zope.org [mailto:zodb-dev-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Patrick K. O'Brien
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 5:31 PM
To: ZODB
Subject: [ZODB-Dev] Please help - no cl.exe available

I got the latest StandaloneZODB out of cvs and did "python setup.py build"
as instructed in the README, but since I do not have the MS C++ compiler it
failed on the cl.exe step. Does this mean I won't be able to use the version
out of cvs?

If so, is anyone making binaries available that are current with the cvs
versions? I know AMK has binaries available, but I was under the impression
those were not current.

I do have Zope installed, but I want to also use ZODB standalone and need to
be able to import ZODB in my python shell. The normal Zope install doesn't
seem to make ZODB available in this way. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm on Win98se, btw. I do have Cygwin, which has the Gnu C++ compiler, but
that probably won't do me any good in this situation, right?

Thanks for any and all help.

---