[ZODB-Dev] Please help - no cl.exe available

Paul Roe paul@artifact-imaging.co.nz
17 Sep 2001 12:02:58 +1200

I'm working on a few different windows platforms and have had good
success with mingw. Shouldnt be too hard to adapt this to cygwin.

Mingw install notes see
http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/mingw32/Notes.html
   in brief - go to www.mingw.org, get libbfd, binutils,ld,gcc,w32api &
mingw-runtime...    expand them wherever...

Need Mingw inport libraries for python several options here.
  there is a ready-to-use Python20 import library for mingw32 at
        http://www.zope.org/Members/als/libpython20.zip
  Instructions for how to build the library is at
        http://www.zope.org/Members/als/tips/win32_mingw_modules

  you can generate an import library from its dll using mingw tools
    and pexports from http://www.acc.umu.se/~anorland/gnu-win32/.

    Use pexports to generate the def file
        pexports python2x.dll > python2x.def
    and then create a library with the mingw dlltool
        dlltool --dllname python2x.dll --input-def python2x.def \
		--output-lib libpython2x.a

    Copy these files to the python libs directory.

Now run the installs telling it to use the ming32 stuff.
python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32
python setup.py install

good luck

Paul

--
Paul Roe
Artifact Imaging Systems        Voice:  +64 3 3266213