[ZODB-Dev] Please help - no cl.exe available

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:05:35 -0400 (EDT)

  PKO> I added C:\Zope\lib\python to my PYTHONPATH and that seems to
  PKO> be working.  That connects me to the ZODB modules that are
  PKO> distributed with Zope. But I'm left wondering what differences
  PKO> there are between those modules and the ones in cvs that make
  PKO> up StandaloneZODB. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

StandaloneZODB collects various parts of the Zope infrastructure into
a single place so that ZODB can be used separately from Zope.  I
imagine you could accomplish the same thing by putting one or more
Zope directories on your PYTHONPATH.

There isn't any other difference between the two, except those caused
by the vagaries of release schedules.  Since Zope and StandaloneZODB
are released on different schedules, one will usually have more recent
copies of the modules.

We do plan to produce a binary distribution for Windows.  We hoping to
do a beta release of StandaloneZODB in October, which will include
Windows binaries.

Jeremy