[ZODB-Dev] Revisiting the ConflictError patch

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:51:43 -0400

On 20 September 2001, Jeremy Hylton said:
> The BTrees errors are the result of not getting dependencies right
> building the .so files.  BTreeTemplate.c changed (I think that's the
> file), but the setup.py doesn't known to rebuild all the .o files.
> It's used via #include "BTreeTemplate.c".

Don't think so: I did a completely new checkout.  And I've been blowing
away the build directory regularly.

> Not sure how distutils
> determines dependencies or if there's any way to get it to work
> right.

If the .c is newer than the .o, recompile.  The distutils know nothing
about C headers.  It's simplistic, it's incomplete, but it's good enough
much of the time.

> (If only we had a distutils expert around here.)

No comment.  ;->

> Not sure about the core dump.  I haven't seen one w/ 2.1.1 or 2.2.

Try applying my POSException.patch -- that seems to trigger it.

BTW, the test fails horribly with Python 2.2a3: I see a bazillion
"TypeError: unindexable object" exceptions.  I assume this is a known
problem?

        Greg