[ZODB-Dev] Commit seems to succeed but does'nt

Cyril Elkaim cyril.elkaim@free.fr
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:12:13 +0200

	Jeremy,

	We have a "classic" database to implement (persons, items for each of
them, relations between). Of course we can do that with ZODB, and, in
fact, it's much simpler that creating SQL tables and writing wrapper
code. Our problem is that many user can access and *modify* this
database at the same time.
	If we understand correctly, if we put everything in 'root' (using mapping
only for indexes) each time users will modify even different objects at
the same time ZODB considers that 'root' itself is modified and raise an
exception.

	A solution, maybe, is to put objects in different mappings (with a
suitable structure) and hope that in most situations only one user at a
time will access and modify a mapping containing a certain kind of objects.

	But maybe this is flat wrong too.

	Cyril