[ZODB-Dev] Commit seems to succeed but does'nt

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:14:20 -0400 (EDT)

  CE> If we understand correctly, if we put everything in 'root'
  CE> (using mapping only for indexes) each time users will modify
  CE> even different objects at the same time ZODB considers that
  CE> 'root' itself is modified and raise an exception.

If the objects you put in the root are themselves persistent, then the
mapping does not change when you modify the object.  The mapping only
changes if you add, remove, or rebind a particular key.  If you have a
persistent Person object, and you modify, say, it's name field, this
will not affect the root.

If you don't make the Person object persistent, then it will be stored
as part of the root.  Then changes to the object will cause the root
to be modified.

Jeremy