[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: StandaloneZODB/ZODB - cPersistence.c:1.58 cPersistence.h:1.25 cPickleCache.c:1.55

Mon, 08 Apr 2002 09:32:33 +0100

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:45:41 -0500, jeremy@zope.com (Jeremy Hylton)
wrote:

>  TD> Is a tidy up justified? what about proving a new method
>  TD> reduce_to_zero() and eventually remove fullsweep() and
>  TD> reallyfullsweep()?
>
>I like adding a new method -- what about cache.clear()?  But keeping
>the old methods for backwards compatibility.  I don't expect we'll
>have enough releases from the Zope2/ZODB3 branch to get to "eventually
>removing" something.

Hmm. both of our suggestions (reduce_to_zero and clear) suggest that
the cache will end up empty. However there are some objects that this
method cant remove from the cache; modified objects.

How about 'minimize'?

An extra point in favor of this name is that it is the same as the
label on the button in zope management interface which currently calls
reallyfullspew.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com