[ZODB-Dev] Replicated ZEO

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:20:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:

> I have a customer which wants to use two separate machines to serve Zope
> content.
> I told him about ZEO but he is sceptic because the ZODB is not replicated.
>
> Is it possible to get any information about the status of replicated ZEO ?

Perhaps i'm misreading, but if your customer is just looking to have two
separate machines serve Zope content, then that's *exactly* what ZEO
provides (among other things).  Perhaps you already know this, but ZEO
clients provide multiple connections, via the network, to a storage
server, with updated read-caching on the client side so you can get high
performance, up-to-date access to the same storage on multiple hosts.

Replicated storage provides for multiple, coupled copies of the
_underlying storage_, for reliability-assurance features that replication
provides.

Which was your client's concern?

--
Ken