[ZODB-Dev] Replicated ZEO

Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:11:00 -0700

Quick question: for ZODB use over ZEO where you didn't want to use XML-RPC,
would it not be relatively easy to do something similar to what ZSyncer
does, but instead doing a Python copy.deepcopy() of an object from one
storage, setting its copy in another storage, iterating over all objects in
a given container?

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Gregory [mailto:matthew.gregory@skyleach.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 7:54 AM
To: jeremy@zope.com; ZODB-Dev@zope.org; Godefroid Chapelle
Subject: Re: [ZODB-Dev] Replicated ZEO

Check out both ZSyncer and ZSyncerMute.  SSyncer is a Zope product for
sending (read: replicating) Zope content via XML-RPC between Zope (read:
zeo/zodb) instances.  ZSyncerMute adds crypto on top for security if that is
necessary.  My ZEO servers only communicate internally behind firewalls and
over VPN so I don't need the crypto part.

I have two instances of ZEO, one in Atlanta and one in Knoxville.  The
Atlanta and Knoxville servers have to be identical because the Knoxville
server is a failover for the Atlanta servers.  I am using ZSyncer to
replicate changes between the servers.