[ZODB-Dev] Mounting Non-Versioned Storage

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:55:21 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Concievably, you could hack packless to not use BDB transactions.
> That would make it much faster and avoid the transaction lock
> problems that Full and Packaless have.  Obviously, you'de be giving up
> some reliability, but considering that a catalog can be pretty easily
> rebuilt, this might be OK.

Hmmm... how does FileStorage manage this kind of transactional reliability given
that it certainly doesn't use BDb transactions? ;-)

> We use it on zope.org. The main problem with it is that it doesn't work
> right for undo and versions, but you don't care about those.

Well, I do in the storage I'm mounting into, but not in the storage I'm
mounting...

Does that make sense?

If so, is ExtMount okay for that?

cheers,