[ZODB-Dev] Mounting Non-Versioned Storage

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:27:01 +0100

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:21:11 +0100, Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
wrote:

>Chris McDonough wrote:
>>=20
>> Hi Chris,
>>=20
>> > 1. What storage should I use? I really don't want to go near BDB if
>> possible, is there
>> > something like a PacklessFielStorage at all?

A _long_ while ago someone posted a storage that kept objects in files
named after the oid, all in one big directory. It was designed to
exploit the capabilities of modern filesystems like reiserfs and NTFS.

I remember not being 100% confident in its implementation, but you
might want to give it a look.

>How hard would it be to make the temporary storage non-temporary?

TmpStorage doesnt support undo, but that does mean it cant still hog
disk space for old object revisions

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com