[ZODB-Dev] Mounting Non-Versioned Storage

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:21:11 +0100

Chris McDonough wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> > 1. What storage should I use? I really don't want to go near BDB if
> possible, is there
> > something like a PacklessFielStorage at all?
>
> BerkeleyStorage is AFAIK the only well-supported nonundoing nontemporary
> storage implementation available.  I'm not sure whether to use the Packless
> or Full implementation from the BerkeleyStorage package if you want
> nonundoing behavior, I seem to remember something about Packless being
> deprecated.  Barry probably knows the answer here.

Pants :-(

How much work would it be to make a modified version of FileStorage that wasn't versioned?
Hmmm... probably a lot... pants pants pants :-(

How hard would it be to make the temporary storage non-temporary?

> > 2. How do I go about mounting the storage? Is the stuff used to mount the
> TemporaryStorage
> > thing for the new Zope 2.5 sessions the way to go or is there something
> better available?
>
> Shane's ExtMount product is probably the way to go here.
> http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/ExternalMount

How does that differ from the mounting stuff used to mount the new Temp. session stuff?

I have a perception that ExternalMount is old and unsupported, why is that incorrect?

cheers,

Chris