[ZODB-Dev] Fwd: [Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal (Martijn Faassen)

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:18:09 -0500

On 10 December 2002, Jeremy Hylton said:
> There is a proposal to rename most of the Zope3 hierarchy.  This
> proposal would effectively change all the ZODB/Persistence/Transaction
> namespaces, too.  It looks like they would become subpackages of the
> zope package.  Examples:
>
> from zope.transaction import get_transaction
> from zope.zodb.filestorage import FileStorage
>
> What do people think of this change?

Big fat -1 from me.  ZODB is independent of Zope.  There's nothing wrong
with Zope Corp being responsible for a half-dozen top-level namespaces
instead of one.  (However, I do think things like Persistent and
Transaction ought not to be top-level.  From my POV, it makes sense to
put them under the ZODB package.)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org