[ZODB-Dev] Fwd: [Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal (Martijn Faassen)

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:28:21 -0500

    GW> Big fat -1 from me.  ZODB is independent of Zope.  There's
    GW> nothing wrong with Zope Corp being responsible for a
    GW> half-dozen top-level namespaces instead of one.  (However, I
    GW> do think things like Persistent and Transaction ought not to
    GW> be top-level.  From my POV, it makes sense to put them under
    GW> the ZODB package.)

That makes a lot of sense, especially given Guido's observation that
Zope's Persistent and Transaction packages likely won't make it into
the standard library unchanged.

-Barry